Friday, October 17, 2008

Wild animals in Oregon

No, these aren't pictures of my children. They are actually of animals in a wildlife safari in Oregon . It is pretty cool. You drive around in your car to get up and close to most of the animals. Here are a few pictures from our little tour. It was a hot day so some of the animals were hiding in the shade, but it was still worth it!
This is cool and gross at the same time. This camel is shedding, so it looks awful, but we really got to get up close to see this. The camel had a hard time going under the roof. Poor thing!
This bird came right up to our car. It would bend down then pop right back up again. The kids thought this was great! I guess they try to eat the bugs off your car. YUM!
Pretty sad petting zoo, but I think we came at the wrong time.
Nate giving a little wave.
The boys getting their headshots done!

We were walking around and they were taking the baby cow back to the petting zoo. Nate thought is was pretty great. I think Josh saw some flags or something to go play with instead.
Yeah, we are outta here! I did this without Mike. He was working in Roseburg and so I took the boys on day trips each day we were here. We had tons more pictures, but I didn't want to bore you with them all. You just have to go to the place yourself. We got to see lions, and tigers and bears..oh MY!

1 comment:

Katie said...

It looks like the boys enjoyed it, regardless. I still can't believe how big they're getting.